About These Sessions
Half day practical craft sessions in the following subjects are available on demand.
Just call or email to book your session.
- Woodwork, an introduction – Aimed at those who have little or no experience of working with wood and fancy trying their hand working with this fascinating material. Students will design and make an item, using solid wood and the scroll saw – £40
- Woodwork, develop your skills – Aimed at those who have some experience of working with wood, but would like to extend this. Participants will produce a small frame covering the introduction of joints. – £40
- Metalwork craft skills – Make a copper bowl using the traditional coppersmithing technique of cold forging. No experience necessary, but must be willing to do a lot of hammering! – £45
- Metalwork, forgework – Be a blacksmith for a morning. Learn a few simple techniques to hot forge steel. This can be hot work, and quite physical, but is a lot of fun. – £50
- Pewter Casting – Learn simple casting techniques (using metal heated to molten state) that can be used with pewter. Create a small ornament or piece of jewellery. – £45
- Aluminium Casting – Learn the basic skills and techniques involved in sand casting aluminium. Design a simple casting or copy a cast object that needs improving.- £45
- Wood Turning for beginners – Learn the skill necessary to start producing your own designs on the wood turning lathe. Participants will start with spindle turning techniques. – £45
- Wood Turning – Spend a morning developing your skills in this fascinating craft, and produce a small bowl using the wood turning lathe. A little previous experience is necessary and all tools and materials are supplied. – £45
- Metalwork Machine shop – An introduction to the use metalworking machines and a few simple techniques used in machining metals. The session could include the centre lathe, milling machine or both. All levels catered for. – £45
- Engineering Workshop – Develop your skills on the Metalworking machines and tackle a small project of your choice. Aimed at those who have some experience of machining metals and want to challenge themselves further. Some experience expected. – £45
- Welding – With equipment for Mig, Tig, Arc and gas welding available, you could spend a morning learning and practicing any of these techniques. – £55
- DIY for beginners – A short introduction to the topics which are most likely to be useful to the would-be DIYer. There is flexibility in these sessions so all participants are catered for.- £45
New this term
- Stained Glass, an introduction – Aimed at those with little or no experience of stained glass work and interested in the techniques involved. You’ll work with antique and hand blown glass, copper foil and solder to produce your own Stained Glass Art design. – £55 to include all materials.
- Sessions are approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Arranged at a mutually convenient time.
- Cost of materials is included unless specific alternatives are requested.
- All sessions are led by a qualified and experience teacher.
- There is flexibility in the nature of all these sessions so as to cater for everyone’s requirements. Just call or email to discuss if you need something different.